Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meet the Community Fellows: Janet


Hello, my name is Janet and I am in the fellows program this year. Recently I just graduated from Cal State Long Beach with my bachelor’s degree in Social Work. Also, I recently just got my first social work job, which I am very excited to begin. I will be working with older adults and will provide them with resources and services, so they can remain living at home safe and independently. 

I grew up in the city of Pico Rivera but Bellflower is my second home because I have attended Bellflower Brethren Church since the second grade. My family and Bellflower Brethren have showed me the passion I have to help and serve others. I am excited for this new year to be part of the bellflower community and to make new friendships. It has only been a week and the neighbors on Eucalyptus have been kind and welcoming. I look forward to what God has in store for the Bellflower and me. There may be challenges through out the year so I ask for your prayers that I listen carefully to the wisdom of God to further expand his Kingdom.

No comments: