Thursday, June 14, 2012

2012 Intern Team

We are thrilled to once again have our summer internship program in full swing this summer! The interns always bring a fresh dose of energy and ideas into our offices, and they get to learn a lot as well. Let's meet them!
Jason Barnette


My name is Jason Barnette and I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ. I love the mission of Kingdom Causes and am blessed to have a internship with them. I have a beautiful wife name Kim Barnette and four kids that serve Christ. I got connected with KCB through the homeless breakfast at Calvary Baptist church in Bellflower, where I am a leader and member. I love serving our neighbors that don't currently have a address. This summer, I am excited to have the chance to do some case management in human services, which is my field of study. I'm looking forward to a memorable summer with KCB!

Janet Melara 

Hello, my name is Janet Melara. I live in Pico Rivera with my family. I have two sisters and one brother, and three nephews. My family is very important to me and I enjoy spending time with them. A family friend invited us to Bellflower Brethren Church about 19 years ago. We have attended there ever since. Most of my time is spent in Bellflower because of my church. Currently, I attend the University of Long Beach, pursing a Bachelor in Social Work. I am excited for fall semester 2012 when I will begin the program. During my free time I like to hangout with friends, watch movies, play basketball and volunteer. I enjoy serving others in any possible way. I look forward to what God has in store for Bellflower and me!

Jannelle Aguirre

In this new opportunity of interning for Kingdom Causes Bellflower, I am looking forward to coming alongside the team and contributing all of the gifts I have been given to help further their mission. I believe that God knew what He was doing when he paired my Public Relations major and Business minor, talents, and love for people, with the KCB team to help show compassion and love to the community. These next nine weeks are going to fly by, but they are going to be packed with rewarding challenges and character building relationships. I cannot wait!

Cori Aguayo
Hey there!

My name is Cori Aguayo. I am 22 years old currently attending Biola University with hopes in graduating next year with a B.A. in Communication Studies. I have grown up connected to the Bellflower community attending Hosanna Christian Fellowship, which ironically is a few doors down from KCB (I had no idea until I walked in for my interview). My focus this summer will be on the kids programming in the community and event planning. I know that this summer is going to be full of challenges, but at the same time I know that I  will learn so muchand be blessed by the entire experience and all the people I meet.Here are some fun facts about me: love Jesus. I am obsessed with Black Forest Gummy Bears (especially the green ones), pistachio ice cream, and Cherry Coke. I have a cat named Darci, whom I adore. I am scared of sharks and Chuck E.Cheese. I mainly listen to country music.

Well, that about sums me up!

Michelle Roberts

Hello Everyone!
I am excited to introduce myself as KCB's summer intern for Community Event Planning! I am originally a suburban, AZ girl who developed a heart for the city & I'm seeking to live out the love of Jesus in my community. I graduated two years ago with a Bachelor of Sociology degree from Biola University & I've been working for the last year at a day program for adults with developmental disabilities called InJOY Life Resources, Inc. here in Bellflower. As the Lord has put together the pieces of my story, I've found that I absolutely love working with the more marginalized members of our society. This work is so transformative and I feel that I constantly see the Gospel in a new light  as I view others and myself in light of the love of Jesus. In August I will begin pursuing my Masters of Social Work at USC and I hope to eventually open my own nonprofit organization to serve vulnerable women in my community. I have so much to learn from KCB this summer and I feel so privileged to be part of an organization that intentionally considers its methods in light of Jesus' ministry. May He have all the glory!


Jen Willis


Hi my name is Jen and I am one of six Kingdom Causes summer interns and I couldn’t be more excited. I am currently a junior at Biola University majoring in Psychology with a minor in Intercultural Studies. My career goal is to impact the world for Jesus Christ however that looks either by doing missions or by studying psychology further. I want to see people’s lives changed by the Gospel like it has so drastically changed mine. I wanted to do this internship because I believe in the mission of Kingdom Causes I love Bellflower and when I am here I feel at home even though I am from Norwalk I have spent a good portion of my life in Bellflower I have been going to the same church here for almost all of my life.  I am excited to be able to help/plan some community events and get to know my neighbors better.






No comments: