Monday, August 06, 2007

Saying Goodbye

I can't believe my summer with Kingdom Causes is almost over. In a week I'll be back in Grand Rapids, Michigan buying books and soaking up my last breaths of summer air. This summer has truly been a remarkable summer. I have learned so much and have really seen God working throughout the city. I have been amazed at the many signs of transformation I have seen throughout the past three months. I have gotten to know a lot of neighbors while working on Eucalyptus street and it has been great seeing them get more involved throughout the summer. I think the importance of building relationships has been one of the biggest lessons I have learned while working here. It is amazing what happens when we just hang-out and talk with people. I am sad to be saying goodbye and will miss so many things about working here. I will miss swim days with the girls Chrissy and I are mentoring, playing soccer with the neighborhood boys, playing intense games of fuseball and ping-pong, sitting out on Chrissy front lawn connecting with her neighbors, and morning prayers with Pat Holwerda and other neighbors. But most of all, I will miss the friendships I have made. Working here has helped me grow in so many ways and has truly been a great experience. I know that God has great plans for Bellflower and Kingdom Causes and I cant wait to hear more stories of transformation when I come home at Christmas.

No comments: