Thursday, September 06, 2007

School Year Officially Starts... Sanity Returns

This summer was crazy busy. At times I felt like we took on too many events, but in the end it was worth it. Between the neighborhood soccer games, VBS, bread sales, and hang outs we made good connections with our neighbors. One of the coolest things that came out of our events is a group of high school students that meets once a week to come up with plans to help their neighborhood. I know good things will come from this group of talented youth.

As great as the summer was, I couldn't wait for school to start again. There's something very appealing to a routine. In the summer, every day was different. Kids would show up at random times making it difficult to keep a schedule. I'm not complaining, though. I have a great job.

Last Thursday was the first day back to school. I pulled out my lawn chair and sat in the front yard like I did last year, except for this time I knew almost all of the faces passing by. It was a good feeling.

No comments: