Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Mid Summer Blog [Alicia Chavez & Natalie Alvarez]


       ALICIA CHAVEZ


Alicia’s World Continued
            These past few weeks at the office have been crazy. I never expected to gain so much experience and insight on other people’ s life in such a short period of time. I sit back and reflect on their (clients) stories which makes me appreciate life so much more. We truly don’t know what we have till it’s taken from us, and then it’s too late. But, God’s grace keeps us going and the Holy Spirit uplifts us and reminds us that we are not alone.
            Personally, I’ve understood that a, “thank you” isn’t always guaranteed. What’s guaranteed is that I’ve been doing what He’s been asking of me and through that, I will shine. Not me physically, but His word and is name will shine and be glorified. My work here with others will remind the clients and our neighbors who He is and why we are all here. Without community there is no hope for a better today. Without Jesus, there is no hope at all.
            Now I myself fall short in my faith because I have to remind myself that I am not my own. I try and incorporate my faith into my works here at Kingdom Causes and do good by him for the people whether that’s filing paperwork, doing housing assessments, or attending the health care team at the St. John’s mobile clinic. This is all expected of me and I’ve excelled because I’ve had great advisors who are also my bosses whom I am very thankful for. This internship isn’t just a summer job but rather a gateway for me to get back on track with the Lord and bring more people to glorify His name.
            My journey doesn’t stop here, but it begins. I plan on doing outreach with the team in my own city so I can engage with my community. I hope to do more assessments so my word, given to me by Him, can touch the souls who are in need.  I am beyond blessed to have experienced such an amazing team who all represent Him.

_________________________________________________________________________________

NATALIE ALVAREZ



Hello again, it’s Natalie. I would like to start by saying that I cannot believe that we have reached the halfway point in this internship! When we started this adventure five weeks ago I really did not know what I was in for. God has blessed us all with the opportunity to interact with the neighbors we never knew we had. The work I am doing at Margaret’s house can seem very minimal to the outside world but for me, every moment and experience counts. My role at the home has ranged from removing old furniture from the property and cleaning windows, to organizing an activity for the ten children who live in and around the home. The work I have been doing has allowed me to reevaluate my life in a way that I now take the time to stop what I am doing and thank God for all that I have, and all that I have to give to others. This internship has solidified my long-term goal of one day opening my very own Margaret’s House. I don’t know where I will end up in five, ten, or even fifteen years, but I know there will be a home for the people who need it. This home represents a dream of something so much bigger than myself, and I can’t wait to move forward with it.  
Aside from the work I have done with Margaret’s House, I have been able to take part in meeting and assessing possible clients. Hearing people’s stories and looking for ways to help them. I find inspiration through the people I meet, work with, and everything about Kingdom Causes Bellflower. I am grateful for the team I am surrounded by almost every day. Every person I have met and worked with has made me feel important and welcomed. I want to take the time to thank Christina and Robbie for choosing me for this position because they both have lifted my spirit. For every hard time and obstacle, I am reminded that I am never truly alone.  Thank you lord for the beautiful people you have put on my path, I will never forget this experience. I am excited for what the next five weeks hold for all of interns and I am grateful to say I now have some pretty cool friends! To Alicia, Drake, and Morgan, thank you for putting up with me and my endless
shenanigans. I look forward to the next adventures.



No comments: