Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mexican Dinner




Sometimes you just know when God is at work. It’s nothing you did, it just happened. I started working at Kingdom Causes last week and went to a meeting for EUCY, the teen leadership group from our neighborhood. Afterwards, the kids wanted to make dinner for Chrissy at her house and I was invited. I showed up and the kids were pushing Chrissy out the kitchen and started the long process of teaching me how to cook Mexican food. The meal was incredible! But more than that, the time we spent together was amazing. We laughed, drank sprite from wine glasses, laughed some more, and talked about life- the good and the bad. We shared a meal, prayed together, even sang a couple worship songs, and the kids initiated the whole thing. I couldn’t ask for a better start to moving back into this neighborhood. The foundation for a relationship was laid in that night, and I had nothing to do with it. It was a God thing.

No comments: