Friday, June 01, 2007

Peace

“Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). That's a hard one to follow this week. I felt like there was a target on my back for attack by means of discouragement. In the back of my mind I could recognize that it was spiritual attack, but it didn't make it any easier. At the beginning of the week it was hard for me to focus on the things that needed to be done for this weekend's Advancement Dinner. But God is faithful. I asked... begged for peace and strength and He gave it.

So today is the big day. Our Second Annual Advancement Dinner is in a few hours. You would think we all would be running around going crazy with last minute tasks, but the mood in this office is peace. This morning Pat Holwerda led us in a time of prayer and I walked away from that feeling a sense of awe for God's faithfulness. I'm excited for those of you who come tonight to see and hear what the Lord is doing in Bellflower. It's good stuff.

No comments: